Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 16

Today I thought I would ask the kids what they are thankful for just to change things up. We are sitting down for lunch and I asked them what they are thankful for. At first Trae just looked and me and shrugged her shoulders and preceded to tell Adi to do the same thing. However after a minute Trae then said she is thankful for cleaning. She is thankful because it is makes her feel good and happy and because it make me happy.  I really couldn't have picked a better thing to be thankful for. I really do love having a clean house and the kids have been helping so much more lately keeping it clean. I love that they are starting to realize that if we have a clean house then mom is much happier.  I am so thankful for cleaning but along with that I'm thankful that I was taught to clean thoroughly  I am thankful for a mom who made me re-clean things if they were not up to her standards. (I will regret saying this out loud I'm sure!!) I know that thing are a whole lot more peaceful and happy when things are clean!! I am so happy that this is what Trae is thankful for today! I just love how much she is growing and learning!

1 comment:

Archuletas said...

I loved your post today, and I won't comment on it, except to say: I remember when at the Dunn's one time, you made their kids do the same thing because that is what I taught you. It was so funny! Those little ones catch on so quick and I love them SO VERY MUCH!!!